Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Macaroni-Hamburger-Cheesey Casserole (with picture)

                                                                        (Photo by me, Doris)


                                                                                (Photo by me, Doris)

First:  Brown 1 lb. hamburger with 1 med, onion (chopped).  When hamburger is done, and the onion is transparent, drain grease.  Season the hamburger with desired mount of salt and pepper before setting aside(Since there is salt in the soup and the cheese, go lightly on the salt you add.)

Second:  In a heavy sauce pan, heat the following (constantly stirring) until bubbly:
1 of large (26-oz.) can of Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups milk
1/4 (1/2 stick) cup butter
1 cup grated cheese
Set this aside  until you prepare the following...

Third, boil 4 cups elbow macaroni in lightly salted water for only 5 minutes and drain (it will finish cooking in the oven).

Fourth:  Combine the hamburger, soup mixture, and the drained macaroni. (I think green beans could also go in with it at this point and be a good addition!)  Put into a sprayed 9x13-inch dish/pan.

Fifth:  *Bake  at 350-degrees, covered for the first 30 minutes; then remove cover and bake for another 30-45 minutes or until done.

Sixth:   For the last 5-10 minutes of baking, put  1 cup grated cheddar cheese on it (bake just until it melts).

Since ovens vary, check to see how this is working with yours.

*The last time I made this recipe, I put everything together as directed above in steps 1-4, but refrigerated it instead of baking it.  Then, I baked it the next day-- now, since it was starting out cold, I baked it covered for 1 hour, and then uncovered for another 30 minutes.  It turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment