I am a NEW fan of cranberriesl!!!
ESPECIALLY, cranberries that are
"attending" a "party" like this!!!
- 1 of 10-oz. bag fresh whole cranberries (3 cups?)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 of 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Chop cranberries in a food processor until no large pieces remain.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or longer.
- Drain any accumulated juices from the cranberry/sugar mix if needed.
- Mix in the marshmallows and drained pineapple. Set aside.
- Whip the cream in a large mixing bowl using the whisk attachment for a stand mixer, or a handheld mixer, until it starts to thicken (about one minute?)-- add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until soft peaks form in the cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture, one third at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a pretty serving bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate (or freeze?) for about 2 hours.
- Right before serving, top with the pomegranate seeds.
- Optional: Pecan halves (because I like them!)