These cookies DID turn out to be chewier than
those made from my other favorite
Peanut Butter Cookie recipe...
Personally, for next time, I think I will cut
back on the "sweetness" ingredients.
- l egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used a "natural" chunky variety.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey roasted or dry roasted peanuts, chopped (not needed IF you use chunky peanut butter as I did).
- Heat oven to 350-degrees.
- BEAT egg in large mixing bowl with mixer until foamy.
- ADD the peanut butter, sugar and honey. Mix well.
- ADD the flour and stir just until combined/smooth.
- Using my 1.5 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, I put 15 "little balls of dough" on my 15x10" parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each dough ball, in crisscross pattern, with fork (slightly wet the fork tines if they get sticky).
- BAKE 11 to 12 minutes (in my oven, it was 11.5 minutes). Cool on baking sheet for at least 1 minute. Remove to wire racks, cool completely.
This 5-quart enameled cast iron "kettle" is my
most favorite "cookie jar" around here...
its lid is heavy enough to keep cookies in
good condition for quite a while.
Based on recipe from Kraft's Food & Family / Fall 2014 / Page 38