It is not a mistake that this recipe does not call for eggs.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13" baking pan/dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and the 2 cups shredded zucchini until well blended.
- Combine the 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in the walnuts (optional). Instead of folding the walnuts into the stiff batter, I just sprinkled them on top before baking and then gently pressed them in a little bit with the back of a spatula.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the pre-heated oven until brownies spring back when gently touched, OR until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
FROSTING????? IF you want to put a frosting on these, melt together 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter. Set aside and let this cool. In a medium bowl, blend together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Add this to the melted and cooled cocoa/butter mixture. Mix/beat well until very smooth. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.