Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, December 3, 2012

Gluten-free (but SWEET) Peanut Butter Cookies

Just three ingredients = 
A "PEANUT-y" COOKIE!!


There are recipes (and many variations)
for these all over the Internet!

You wouldn't think they could hold 
together without flour, but they do!


INGREDIENTS:  
  1. 2 cups creamy peanut butter (I don't see why you couldn't use the NUTTY variety, unless you do not like 'crunchy').
  2. 2 cups granulated sugar (some bakers use 1/2 of this amount in brown sugar; others substitute Splenda
    ®).
  3. 2 large eggs
  • Some bakers add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to this dough, but I did not.
  • Some put a Hershey's Kiss into a mound of this dough before baking.
  • Some mix chocolate chips into this dough.
  • Some ???????????????????????????????.
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350°
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or foil.
  • Mix the peanut butter and sugar well.  I put both into the bowl of my Kitchenaid stand mixer and let it 'beat together' (and sort of 'fluff up') for about 8 minutes, scraping the bowl a couple of times along the way.
  • Add the eggs, one at a time.  Continue mixing for about a minute.  By adding the eggs, the 'mix' takes on more of a regular cookie dough texture.
I used a golf-ball-sized 'cookie scooper/baller' thing to scoop up the dough and put onto the parchment lined cookie sheets.  If your cookies turn out like mine did, you can place them quite closely on the cookie sheet because they did not spread out very much.  (I'd say leaving an inch between each should work just fine).  Just before baking, using a fork, I made the 'traditional' kind of criss-cross design on their top-- if the dough sticks to the fork tines, dip it (the fork) in either sugar or water.

Most bakers said to bake these at 350° for 8-10 minutes.  With my oven, I baked them for 12 minutes.  Adjust baking time according to your oven, but you do not want to bake them until they seem dried out.


These cookies are really tasty, but... 
I suggest that, because 
of their sweetness when you use regular 
white sugar like I did, you limit these for just a 
'special treat' when you think 
you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE...
something sweet!


2 comments:

  1. These are the only kind of pb cookies I make now. I love that I can make something yummy without GF flour so I don't have to feel bad about how much each cookie costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! These sure are peanut butter'y, too. The first time I heard about these cookies is back when a foster girl Kayla was with us. When she told me about a 3-ingredient cookie her grandma would make, I couldn't even imagine something like that would work! :)

    ReplyDelete