Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jell-O with Cool Whip


Looks like more work than it is-- 
in fact it ISN'T work at all!
I don't use Cool Whip® too often, but... 
every now and then,...  I do.

Ingredients:
  • ONE of the 6 oz. size (8 servings) boxes of Jell-O
    ®
     of your choice.
  • 3 cups boiling water.
  • ONE of 8 oz. container Cool Whip
    ®
    , thawed.*
Directions:
  • Dissolve the Jell-O 
    powder in the 3 cups boiling water.  Stir for at least two full minutes to make sure every grain of sugar is dissolved.
  • Stir in the thawed Cool Whip  (stir until it is thoroughly dissolved and mixed in).
  • Pour into serving cups/dishes.  Refrigerate for a minimum of four hours.  On its own, the Jell-O 
    mixture separates into what looks like two layers.
  • Because I planned to leave these in the refrigerator overnight, I covered each with a piece of Saran Wrap after a couple of hours.   If I would have covered them while still warm, I'm sure a lot of condensation (water droplets) would have formed and I didn't want that to happen.


 *  If you haven't let the Cool Whip® thaw ahead of time, you can put it in right from the freezer-- you'll just have to stir it longer while/until it totally dissolves.

This time I used STRAWBERRY 
flavored Jell-O®.   Next time, maybe 
on a HOT Summer day, I will 
use LEMON Jell-O®... and I 
will like that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment