Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, July 11, 2011

Ranger Cookies

I use a scoop that makes a uniform, but large, cookie-- these are very close to 4-inches across.

                                                                                     (Photo by me, Doris)


                                                                                     (Photo by me, Doris)

This recipe first came to me from a 1969 cookbook-- this cookie was a favorite of Rick's when he was a little feller.  Daughter Cheryl (♥) told a story about these yesterday-- it was about her papa letting her out of work every now and then so she could go and make/bake a batch of these. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
~~~~
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
~~~~
2 cups of crushed cornflakes OR Wheaties
2 cups quick oatmeal (old fashioned kind works, too)
1 cup chopped nuts OR coconut (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs and vanilla. 
Add baking powder, soda, salt and flour.  Blend well and then work in all other ingredients.  Form into 1" balls and place on greased cookie sheets OR use parchment paper like I do since daughter Paula (♥) keeps me supplied with it.

Bake at 350-degrees for about 13 minutes.  (Watch first batch to see if this is the right length of time for/with your oven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment