Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Banana Bread (with PHOTOS)

I typed up and included this recipe in my regular "Family Chatter" blog during the month of April-- now, I've copy/pasted it into here.   First of all, here are the pictures of how this bread turned out for me-- I was VERY satisfied!!!









Banana Bread: 

I already had/have what I consider some good recipes for making banana bread.  But,... from 'someones?' blog site about baking, I ended up watching a 'you tube' video of an 89 yr. granny making banana bread with her daughter-in-law.  You can find this video by clicking on this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcUy88gELWo  The recipe I found there is what I've typed out below. 

To make this recipe of banana bread, you will need:

6 very ripe bananas with some brown spots on them, but not rotten (LOL!).  Smash/crush these, but not so much that they turn into 'banana soup'... in fact, pieces that are still 1/4 to 1/2" are okay.  Set this aside until it's time to add it.
Start mixing together (you don't need a mixer for this):

2 large eggs, beaten
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar  (Ever since the first time I made this recipe, I've used only 1 cup of sugar-- it works!)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 finger pinches of salt 


Add:  Smashed bananas and stir in until well blended

Add:  3 cups all-purpose flour (stir only long enough to incorporate; do not over mix it)  and 1 cup walnuts, optional (chop them only 'slightly').

 Put this batter into "VERY" greased or buttered pans, paying special attention to the corners of the pan (so the loaves don't act like they are part of the pan after baking).  In fact, I like my daughter Paula's suggestion even better:  Spray the pans with non-stick, cut a piece of parchment paper the size of the pan, put it in there, spray that with the non-stick and........... magic!................. pops out before there's time for any kind of 'wonder if you will' feeling! 


If you are using two large (9" long) loaf pans, bake them about 1 hour at 350-degrees, or until a toothpick or sharp clean/dry knife stuck into the center comes out clean.  I baked mine in three of the smaller (8" long) loaf pans and they were done in about 45-minutes.  Before trying to remove from pan, run a knife around all the edges to loosen them a bit.

Okay, ... done!!!   Wayne was in here as they came from the oven and he wanted a 'sample' right away.  I preferred to first let them cool for a while, but..... he won! (See photo at top.)  He asked me to wrap up a couple of slices for him to take to the woods were John is cutting wood.   I believe this IS a good recipe!  This house smells better than ANY scented candle could accomplish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment