Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cocoa, Chocolate, Chocolate, CHOCOLATE Cookies

Check these out...They are like 
"brownies in a cookie's body!"

We sometimes think we have to make have an excuse for making something this 'chocolatey', and I had mine: 
  1. I saw a recipe for these on the Internet.
  2. I had an empty plate.
  3. I had cocoa and different kinds of chocolate chips on hand. 
  4. In the refrigerator, I had cold milk wanting to get into a glass. 
  5. I wanted some. For 'one a day' (you know, like the one a day multi-vitamins we sometimes take!)...


A 'sniff' is ALMOST as great as their taste!  AL-MOST!


If you're looking for a 'healthy' kind of cookie, you may have to skip over these!


Yield:   After I made the dough into smooth 1.5" balls, I ended up with about 4 dozen cookies.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
----
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 and 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
----
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used one of 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chips, 1 cup of 60% cacao bittersweet chips, and 1 cup milk chocolate chips.)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

DIRECTIONS:

  • Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
  • In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Set aside.
  • Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  
  • Stir dry into the butter mixture until well blended.
  • Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts
  • Using hands, roll dough into 1.5" balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  • Bake for 'about' 11-12 minutes.  (Ovens vary, so check yours with the first batch to see how long it takes for them to set up.)
  • Let hot cookies sit on baking sheets for a few minutes so they can 'finish baking' before moving them to a cooling rack.  Store in air-tight container (I don't know that it's necessary, but I like to put a layer of Saran wrap or waxed paper between the layers of cookies). 
Wish I could hand you a sample (or more!).

This recipe was adapted from one submitted to allrecipes by Kathy of Pemberville, Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies that you made for us were delicious! Thank you for thinking of us here at school. Brandon has a great mom!

    ReplyDelete