IF you like olives, I think you will
like this... IF, that is!
I wouldn't need crackers, nor chips, nor veggie sticks to enjoy this dip because...Sh-h-h-h-h,... I could eat it off my FINGER, then lick the beaters, and lick the bowl!!!!
About five years ago, I was in what was then the Country Store where they had a tray of crackers and little open containers of their "made in house" dips/spreads to sample. I tried the creamy olive mixture and liked it... a lot! I looked at the price on the container. Oooooooh, I thought it was a bit pricey at $3.00 for quite a small amount, but ... I bought it... and wasn't sorry. But,... since then, I hadn't had anything like it... until now!
Last week, I was looking through some recipes submitted by Kittencal* at http://www.kittencalskitchen.com/ and noticed that this one looked like it could be what I was hoping to find. I made it up and "adjusted" it to take the olive part of it down just a tad bit by adding more cream cheese so that the rest of my family would like it better. It worked!
This serves about 15 or more?
- 3 of 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or adjusted to taste.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 fresh clove of garlic, finely minced (or 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar).
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I used bottled juice that was newly purchased).
- 1 of 4.25-ounce can black olives, well-drained and chopped.
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, well-drained and chopped.
- Fresh ground black pepper, if desired (I didn't add it).
- Crackers or pita chips or veggie sticks for dipping/spreading.
Stir together the first 5 ingredients until very smooth and well blended.
Mix in chopped olives, and then season with black pepper (if desired).
Serve with crackers or ????
* I do not know Kittencal, but,... I've liked her along with her writings and recipe postings for quite a few years, already.