Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

EZ Chick Meal

This is so EZ, so quick,... 

no exact recipe is needed...

  • First, I lightly sprayed my old speckled enamel navy blue roasting pan* with non-stick spray.   Set aside.
  • Secondly, in a large frying pan with oil, I browned both sides of the "bare/rinsed off" chicken thighs (thighs with skin on, bone in).  This step did NOT take very long!
  • Thirdly, this is what I put into the sprayed roaster pan:
  • 1 large onion, sliced into long strips (end-to-end, or pole-to-pole)
  • Peeled and "quartered" potatoes-- enough to serve however many people you wish to serve.
  • Large carrots, scraped and sliced.
  • 4 cups chicken broth.
  • On top of the veggies, I arranged the browned chicken thighs and sprinkled all with salt and pepper.
  • Cover with roaster cover (or cover tightly with foil?), put into 300-degree oven and set the oven for 3 hours.  M-m-m-m, so easy, so good.  (I'm sure this would be just as good with using a slow cooker, but it would just take a bit longer.)
IF you want to, you could drain whatever chicken broth is left in the roaster, thicken it, and use it for gravy.  



That's all, folks!

* The large blue speckled/enameled roaster I used was one of my wedding presents 52 years ago--  I love it with "old friends" like that just keep hangin' around my kitchen.

Here it is, again, in less light...

No comments:

Post a Comment