Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, August 25, 2016

No-Cook Coconut Pie Recipe
(This is such a "quickly made" dessert!)

Warning!-- this "goes down" so smooooooothly--  
it is sooooo good!
(IF you like coconut, that is!)

*Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri, in 
the Taste of Home magazine, says this:  
"This creamy No-Cook Coconut Pie 
proves that a quick meal doesn't have 
to go without dessert."


TOTAL TIME:  Prep/Total Time 15 minutes (Quick, huh!).

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 packages (304 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk (I used whole milk because that's all I have here)
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1  of a"ready to use" graham cracker pie crust (9 inches).
  • 1/2 cup flaked coconut
  • Toasted coconut-- this is a small amount of coconut that's been toasted to light brown over medium heat in a small skillet, or in a small pan in the oven (watch it carefully to keep it from burning.
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract for at least two minutes. 
  2. Fold in the whipped topping and 1/2 cup flaked coconut.
  3. Pour into the crust.
  4. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
  5. Chill until serving time.  (Refrigerate any extra.)
  6. Yield:  6-8 servings.

My extra notes: 
      I chose to make my own graham cracker crust for this pie because I didn't want to make this in one of those wobbly aluminum foil pans with the ready-made crusts in it.  The recipe I used for this crust in my white pie dish came from the website at  http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/06/perfect-graham-cracker-crust/    
     I baked this for 9 minutes at 325-degrees, and then let it thoroughly cool before putting the coconut mixture in it.  



An extra thought from curious me:  
    Next time, rather than using whipped topping such as Cool Whip in this recipe, I just might(?) try using stabilized whipping cream(?).  I've used Stabilized Whipped Cream for other recipes. and I'd like to see if it would work in this recipe.  If it doesn't work out, I'll know to not try it a second time, huh! The recipe I've previously used for topping off cakes with Stabilized Whipped Cream is here: http://www.wilton.com/stabilized-whipped-cream-icing/WLRECIP-218.html  (For goodies, I have liked making the whipped cream like this because it doesn't weep or sag, etc.) If any of you readers already know my idea wouldn't work, I'd appreciate you leaving me a comment to that effect. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment