This muffin speaks for itself!
It says, "I am moist, and
I am flavorful with my
blend of cranberries, oranges,
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (OR 1 cup?) of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole cranberries, chopped.
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrots (totally optional)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used "Smart Balance" oil.)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- Stir in chopped cranberries.
- Beat egg, orange juice, oil and orange rind.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once.
- Stir JUST LONG ENOUGH to moisten.
- Spoon into greased (or lightly sprayed) muffin cups. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle tops with a tiny bit of sugar (Turbinado sugar looks best, but "regular" will do.)
- Bake at 400-degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and a bit firm to the touch.