Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Turkey 'n Grape Salad

Turkey is great, but if you have a bit too much 
left over from when it was originally served, here
 is the perfect way to "change" 
the look and taste of it.


Rather than eat this as a salad on a bed of lettuce, I 
brought back a good memory--  How?  At noon, I piled this 
goodness between two slices of bread.  (A croissant would have 
been even better-- that would have been more similar to a 
chicken/grape salad sandwich* I bought at some of the
Arby's restaurants in years gone by.) 


Ingredients:   This makes about 5 servings of 1 cup each. 

  • 4 cups cubed/cooked turkey breast.  (I used a mixture of light and dark meat.)
  • 1/2 pound green grapes, halved.
  • 1 and 1/3 cups finely diced celery.
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted pecans (I didn't toast mine.)
  • 1 green onion, finely sliced (about 1/8 cup of finely diced onions would work, too).
  • 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
  • 1/3 cup of chicken broth (I did not use this, because I didn't want to open a larger container.)
  • 1/8 cup of vinaigrette.  (If you don't have this on hand, google for a "substitute.)
  • 1 scant teaspoon prepared yellow mustard.
  • Salt, to taste
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, celery, pecans and onions.  
  2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, broth, vinaigrette and mustard until smooth.\Pour over turkey mixture and mix well.
  3. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
  4. Refrigerate leftovers.


*  You can find a more simple "copycat" of Arby's Chicken/Grape Salad sandwich here: 

 http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/copycat-of-arbys-chicken-salad-sandwich-388944

No comments:

Post a Comment