Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easy, EASY Oven Stew



Ingredients and Directions:

Mix the following ingredients together in heavy pot (enameled cast iron cookware works great for this)...

1-2 lbs. cut up stew meat (or small chunks of cubed steak)
6 medium or large potatoes (Irregular-sized chunks work fine)
6 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2" pieces
6 carrots (I like to have them in irregular shapes/sizes)
1 med. onion (sliced pole to pole)


MORE INGREDIENTS:

Thoroughly combine the following and add to the above...

1 and 1/2 cups tomato juice (I like to use one sodium-reduced 12 oz. can of V-8)
1/2 cup water
3 teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon flour

Do not add more liquid unless you notice it needs more after the first hour. Cover tightly and bake at 325-degrees for about 2 hours or until everything is tender.  Sometimes, I bake it at 350-degrees for 1 hour, and then reduce heat to 300-degrees for 2 hours.  Whatever works with your oven and your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment