Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, October 1, 2012

Nadine's MONSTER Cookies




This is already an 'out there' recipe, but my first experience with it came in 1985 when my sister Nadine made these and shared them with our family.  There's good stuff in these cookies and they are more 'filling and satisfying' than a cookie usually is.  This particular recipe makes a LOT of cookies-- sometimes, I bake them all up on the same day and freeze a lot of them; other times, I'll bake some and freeze the rest of the dough for another time.

It is not a mistake-- there is no flour nor salt used in this recipe

You will need a HUGE mixing bowl, and plenty of muscle to mix these up.

Start at the top of the following ingredient list and mix together, stopping to mix after each addition.  (Because I have a large-bowled and more powerful model of Kitchen Aid stand mixer, I can get away with dumping in everything from this first list and mix it together with that.  Then, I dump all of the mixed dough into a really large mixing bowl, add the final three ingredients and mix by hand.)

1 pound butter, room temperature
3 lbs. natural peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
4 cups white granulated sugar
2 lb. bag of brown sugar
12 eggs, slightly beaten ahead of time
1/4 cup vanilla
2 tablespoons light corn syrup (I like Karo)
8 teaspoons baking soda

Now, add:
18 cups ROLLED OATS (quick-cooking, or old fashioned)
1 of 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 lb. bag of plain M&M's (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees

Take scoops of dough and form into 2" balls, place on cookie sheet that's been lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.  Air-bake pans work well because these cookies like  to darken on the bottom before their tops and centers are done.  Since oven temperatures vary, baking time could be between 12 and 14 minutes (or ??).   Let cookies cool on pans for a while.

Here!, sit a while and have a cookie.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment