Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cake

The THOUGHT and SMELL of cinnamon anything makes me feel loved-- 
why IS that!?  Probably because the thought and smell of 
things baked with cinnamon take me back to when I was growing up
 and enjoying the foods prepared by my mother.  
 I LOVE memories like that/this!!!

When I did a Google search for "Cinnamon Roll Cake", I found I could choose from only 4,890,000 websites.  Seriously!, THAT many websites containing these three words!?   I decided it was time I joined the MILLIONS and make this--but,  because of the sugar content, just every now and then?


CAKE INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-2 teaspoons vanilla (I used one)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
Cake Directions:
  1. Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, vanilla and milk.  Mix well.
  2. Add dry ingredients; stir in just until well blended.
  3. Pour batter into a GREASED 9x13" baking dish.  
  4. Set aside and prepare topping as directed below.


TOPPING INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup butter, softened


Topping Directions:

Below:  Stir together the topping ingredients until creamy, like this...  

Below:  Drop evenly in small dollops over top of cake batter in pan.  Swirl through the batter and dollops with the tip of a knife, like this...

Below:  BAKE AT 350-degrees for about 40 minutes (According to your own oven, check for doneness with a toothpick; you might need 41-45 minutes?)




GLAZE INGREDIENTS & Directions:

Combine...
1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla (or maple flavoring?)
2 and 1/2 tablespoons milk (just enough to make it thin enough to pour over the top of the cake).
I found that most who made this cake suggest serving it warm.  I liked it best after covering it and letting it spend the night in the refrigerator.  By the next morning, it wasn't so soft and could be cut more 
neatly--  then, if you want it warm, a quick few seconds in a microwave makes it taste as if it were just pulled from the oven.  

Company joining you for breakfast?  
Make this the day before, cover tightly
...serve warm the next morning.


I can't give 'credits' as to where I got this recipe from because after looking at so many websites and finding so many recipes the SAME, I have no idea as to WHICH one I chose. I just know THIS is the recipe I followed for the cake pictured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment