Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cucumber Salad w/vinegar dressing

Years ago, I thought I would ALWAYS only like cucumber salad with the creamy kind of dressing on them.  As I aged, that changed--  I now like them this way, too.  Now, after this impending snow storm gets here today and "does its thing", we'll be that much closer to summer and..... closer to having cucumbers from the garden!!!


INGREDIENTS:

4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 cup white vinegar (maybe just a bit less, as desired)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste (if available, some fresh dill works well)

DIRECTIONS:

Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl.  Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.  Bring to a boil, cool until "room temperature" and pour over the cucumber and onions.  Stir in dried dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold.  This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment