My only assignment for our family's
Thanksgiving Day dinner was to find
and make a "fluffy salad". (EASY!)
Remembering a salad my oldest daughter
made in the past, I asked her
Its name is
Fudge Stripe Cookie Salad.
This was made so quickly.
For sure, it wasn't hard to EAT!!!!
- 2 cups buttermilk.
- 2 of 3.5 oz. boxes of Instant Vanilla Pudding mix.
- 1 of 16 oz. size container of frozen whipped topping, thawed. (I used the Cool Whip brand.)
- 2 of 15 oz. cans Mandarin Oranges, well drained.
- 1 of 15 oz. can of Fruit Cocktail, well drained.
- 1 of 20 oz. can of Pineapple Tidbits, well drained.
- 1 of 11-12 oz. pkg. of Fudge Stripes Cookies, crack each (except one) into about 5-6 pieces. Mine were Keebler brand cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and instant pudding mix until thickened. (If it gets "lumpy", whip to smoothness with a handheld electric mixer before moving on.)
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Fold in the well-drained Mandarin Oranges, Fruit Cocktail, and Pineapple Tidbits. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, fold in the cracked cookie pieces; put into serving bowl
- Decorate top with the one whole cookie, and some of the cracked cookie pieces.