Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Friday, November 25, 2016

Fudge Stripe Cookies - Fruit Salad (AKA Mandarin Orange Salad)

   
My only assignment for our family's 
Thanksgiving Day dinner was to find 
and make a "fluffy salad".  (EASY!)
  
Remembering a salad my oldest daughter 
made in the past, I asked her
about it.  

Its name is 
Fudge Stripe Cookie Salad.

This was made so quickly. 
For sure, it wasn't hard to EAT!!!!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups buttermilk.
  • 2 of 3.5 oz. boxes of Instant Vanilla Pudding mix.
  • 1 of 16 oz. size container of frozen whipped topping, thawed. (I used the Cool Whip brand.)
  • 2 of 15 oz. cans Mandarin Oranges, well drained.  
  • 1 of 15 oz. can of Fruit Cocktail, well drained.
  • 1 of 20 oz. can of Pineapple Tidbits, well drained.
  • 1 of 11-12 oz. pkg. of Fudge Stripes Cookies, crack each (except one) into about 5-6 pieces. Mine were Keebler brand cookies.


DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and instant pudding mix until thickened.  (If it gets "lumpy", whip to smoothness with a handheld electric mixer before moving on.)
  2. Fold in the whipped topping.
  3. Fold in the well-drained Mandarin Oranges, Fruit Cocktail, and Pineapple Tidbits.  Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
  4. Just before serving, fold in the cracked cookie pieces; put into serving bowl
  5.  Decorate top with the one whole cookie, and some of the cracked cookie pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment