These are 'quite the bundles'....
I removed the toothpicks when they came out of the oven...
Their insides are all hot, steamy, and melty...
You will need:
- 12 of Rhodes White TEXAS rolls, THAWED to room temperature. (The Rhodes Texas rolls are 50% larger than the regular Rhodes dinner rolls.) You could make 'bundle covers' with your own favorite dinner roll dough, and they might taste even better!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated (I grated some, cubed some)
- *1 teaspoon dried thyme (rub it between fingers to 'wake up' the flavor)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Wood toothpicks (for securing the 'bundles')
- 1 egg white, beaten until foamy/frothy
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
Thaw the frozen rolls to room temperature.
In a bowl, combine chicken, ham, cheese and seasonings. It will look like what's in the picture below. Set aside.
Below: Flatten each dinner roll into a almost 6" circle. Scoop 1/4 to 1/3 cup filling onto center, and pack it together just a bit. Pull edges up around filling and pinch together-- the dough stretches very easily as you work your way around the circle, gathering it up (as you would for a draw-string pouch) while pressing the top together. (Audra suggested toothpicks can be used to help hold it together, and I also use them.)