Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meat Loaf (100 Servings)

Here comes another recipe from a newspaper article, "Cooking for Large Crowd Need Not Be Colossal Task" which was published in our AGRI-VIEW paper, May 13, 1988.

Servings:  100

INGREDIENTS:
  • 20 pounds ground beef (not the fatty kind)
  • 2½ pounds bread crumbs (2½ quarts)
  • 2 pounds ground pork
  • 2 cups chopped onions
  • 2 quarts milk
  • 12 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons pepper

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix everything together well.
  2. Pack into 10 greased (or sprayed) pans, OR shape into 10 loaves and place in roasting pans.
  3. Bake at 325-degrees for 1½ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment