IF you like 'taco taste', you might like this-- otherwise, not so much!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 oz.) kernel corn, well drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, well drained (with or without chilies)
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, mixed with egg and milk as directed on package.
- 2/3 cup cheddar OR mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Saute ground meat, onions and pepper together until meat is browned. Drain, and return to meat pan.
- Add Taco seasoning and water. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn, tomatoes.
- Spread this complete mixture in a sprayed/greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Mix cornbread as directed on package. Drop by spoonsful on top of casserole.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese and return to oven long enough to melt.