Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Super Bowl Feast!



The NFL Super Bowl was held on Sunday -- for about two weeks leading up to it, food programs and food blogs focus on foods to be served for that kind of celebratory party. 

 I'm all for spending a whole lot of money and slaving in the kitchen for a cause like that (sometimes)-- after all, it only happens once a year, right?   Because of that thinking, I went 'all out'!!!!

 
Well,... maybe I didn't. 

Saltines and Herring!  (That's it!)

If I make the picture bigger, will this look more impressive?
How about this?

Maybe THIS one will do it?   Yes?


Well, I tried.  You can't say this 'feast' didn't take some planning.  Because I didn't make the crackers nor catch the fish, I had to find them in a store, pay for them and bring 'em home.  The jar had to be opened, and the stack of saltines, too. 
None of this should be a surprise to those who really know me--  I'm a whole lot about simplicity.  Can you tell this was simple?  And easy?  So, folks, this was the extent of our big 'hoopla' kind of Super Bowl party and...now, for the most exciting part... we liked our simple no-fuss kind of 'party'!!!
For no really huge reason, we hoped the New York Giants would win, and they did.  Afterall, the Giants were the ones who took our Green Bay Packers out of the playoffs-- because of that, we were hoping they'd be 'that serious' all the way to the end, and they were!   

No comments:

Post a Comment