If you have some ground beef/onion browned ahead of time,....I think a very young cook could make this!
Yield: Six 'hamburger pie' slices.
If you don't have Bisquick® on hand, there are many websites with information on making up a batch of your own. For example, take your pick: https://www.google.com/search?q=substitute+bisquick&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYA
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large onion (1 cup of chopped), fried with ground beef.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 or 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned; drain. Stir in salt.
- Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.*
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or whisk until well blended. Pour over hamburger/cheese mixture in pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*Alternate way: Instead of putting the 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese over the hamburger/onion layer, I waited until it came out of the oven to put it (cheese) on top; then returned it to the oven for just a minute or two so it could melt.