Soups like this-- you like 'em, tolerate 'em, or hate 'em!
I......... LIKE 'em!
A bowl of hot kale soup with a slice of pumperknickel bread....
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed, and leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 of 15 oz. can diced or stewed tomatoes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 of 15 oz. cannelini beans, drained or undrained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (rub between fingers to release more flavor)
- 2 tabespoon dried parsley (rub between fingers to release flavor)
- Salt and pepper, as desired.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook onions in olive oil until soft. When soft, stir in the minced garlic.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted (maybe 2-3 minutes).
- Add water, tomatoes, potatoes, bean, Italian seasoning and parsley.
- Simmer soup on medium heat for about 25 minutes, or until cubed potatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.