This cake-- all because I want to make a fruit trifle and,...
I wanted a pound cake for 'layering' it.
This is going to 'slice/cube' just fine...
It's gonna do da job!
- 3 sticks butter, plus more for the pan.
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus a bit more for the pan.
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mik (not less than 2% fat works best)
- 2 teaspoons high quality vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan (you could use two of the 9x5 inch loaf pans, buttered and floured)
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each additon.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared tube pan, or two loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 to 1½ hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. (Check after the first hour.)
- After letting it cool in pan for about 15 minutes, loosen edges, invert on plate.