Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Coconut Cookies

(I first made these on June 7, 2008)

FIRST:

Mix together and spread 2 cups coconut and 2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned, OR quick) on a shallow cookie pan and heat in a 350-degree PRE-heated oven until coconut is rich golden brown-- watch carefully, and stir as needed. When finished, it should look something like this...
Set aside until you do the following.

SECOND:

Mix the following ingredients together—
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed (I used dark brown this time)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs, slightly beaten

2 cups flour
1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour

Now, stir in the browned coconut and oatmeal mix and stir until well blended.

Form into 1.5" balls.  Lightly press with hand, or bottom of a glass.  BAKE 13-14 minutes at 350-degrees or until their tops aren't so soft (I bake mine on a shiny surfaced pan that's lined with parchment paper and they are done in about 13-14 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment