Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Friday, November 11, 2011

Hamburger 'Choppers'

Two kinds of hamburger busters....
So many years ago, when I was working with Young Women, we had a pizza party at Carol H.'s house.  With a nifty metal gadget exactly like the one the left, she was breaking up chunks of hamburger in her frying pan.  Nifty!   It didn't take me long to have one of my own.  Then, as time went on, I fell for some non-stick frying pans and I knew the sharp metal edges on this chopper would make owies in them.   So,........................ I found another use for the metal gadget:  I use it in any glass container and gently chop boiled eggs prior to making egg salad sandwiches.  It's quick and works slicker than snail snot (that's a description I learned from our fix-it guy Mike).    So,.........................

After watching some shows of Living with Amy on Channel 11 each morning at 9 O'clock, I noticed her breaking up chunks of browning hamburger with the kind of plastic gadget pictured on the right-- the kind that can't hurt a kettle/pan.  Thanks to Pam, I ended up with one of my own.  I use it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment