Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Peanut Butter 'Combo' Cookies

I call these 'combo' because I combined whole wheat flour with the white flour, and I also halved the amount of butter I'd usually put in these.  They are just a little bit more chewy than regular peanut butter cookies sometimes are and hubby likes them like this...

INGREDIENTS:
 
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (I like Argo's aluminum free)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

First, mix together the sugars, peanut butter, butter and eggs in large mixing bowl.  Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix briefly.  Stir in flour(s) and mix only until it's all incorporated.

Shape dough into 1 and 1/4-inch balls (I used small cookie dough scoop).  Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper).  Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.

In my oven, at 350-degrees, I baked these for 13-14 minutes or until their tops were not 'sinking soft'.  Cool about 5 minutes before removing from rack.  Cool on wire rack.

Makes 3 dozen large(r) cookies, or about 5 dozen small ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment