Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Imitation Mint "Cookies"

These remind me of those good minty cookies sold by young girls each year.  IF you like minty things, you will like this good and simple-to-fix treat!   For me, these are as good as CANDY (I've included these in the 'candy' category, as well.)


When it comes to dipping the crackers into the chocolate, I use my little pinchy metal kind of tongs-- I just have to not 'grab them too tightly' or I'll break the edge off the cracker. 

Ingredients

  • 1 of 10 oz. bag of Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips*
  • 1 tube of Ritz crackers

Directions

  1. Melt the baking chips in the microwave, stirring at minute intervals until melted and smooth.  (Watch carefully.)
  2. Line a cookie sheet with foil (or waxed paper, or Saran Wrap).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dip Crackers into melted minty chocolate chips until they are covered, let drip for a few seconds, wipe extra off bottom side on bowl edge, and put on lined cookie sheet, making sure they do not touch.  If you are particular about 'presentation', you can take a sharp knife and trim excess chocolate from around the edges after they cool.

*In the past, I've melted the same amount of Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips to which I added a few squares of the Andes Mint candy pieces and that works, too.  

Kids LIKE sprinkles and these can be added right after the cracker is dipped...



Chill until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment