Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Saturday, June 11, 2011

E-Z CAKE

In the late 60's, Gerry Buss was the first one I knew who made this cake and I've done it with different variations since then.

Heat oven to 350-degrees.  Grease and flour rectangular pan, 9x13-inches. 
 ~~~~
INGREDIENTS:

3 whole eggs (or 3/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product)
1 package of your favorite devil's food cake mix
1 can (21 oz.?) cherry pie filling
1/3 cup vegetable oil
~~~~
*1 package (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling (Optional)
~~~~
DIRECTIONS:

Beat eggs in large bowl.  Stir in cake mix (dry), pie filling and oil until blended.

Spread in pan.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  (Surface of cake will be bumpy.)  Cool completely. 

*Optional (I think this cake is good/moist enough w/out this):  Prepare pudding to be thicker (as directed on package for making a pie).  Let stand about 5 minutes or until thickened.  Spread over cake.  Store covered in refrigerator. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I've used a white cake mix and added blueberry pie filling; a spice cake with apple pie filling; a white cake with raspberry pie filling, etc.  Use whatever flavor combination you like.

Also, I've baked all of the above in a prepared large 15" long jelly roll pan and served them as squares with a dollop of whipped cream or small scoop of ice cream.    Baking in the jelly roll pan requires less baking time, so check for doneness after 20 minutes-- the top will be bumpy-- the cake will be moist.  Cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment