Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Sunday, June 12, 2011

White Sauce for Pasta Dishes

 Pam made this for our Sunday dinner and put it over a noodle/shrimp dish.  I liked the flavor of this sauce.   (The fresh chives from Pam's garden went so well with the sour cream!)
This recipe makes almost 1 and 1/2 quarts of sauce which is enough to cover almost a pound of Fettuccini (or similar pasta). 

2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup ginger ale
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried chives
1 and 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

In a bowl whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, soup, ginger ale, chives, milk, pepper and mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment