Serves about 16
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
You can add 1-2 cups of various chips (semi-sweet chocolate, white, butterscotch, peanut butter) or raisins, or chopped maraschino cherries, or chopped nuts, or M&M's, or Reese's pieces, or miniature marshmallows, or chopped candy bars, or ???. Add whatever you like!
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Grease an 8-inch square pan or line with foil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
6. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not over mix).
7. Fold in "your favorite additions"!
8. Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
9. DO NOT OVER-BAKE-- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp according for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out WITH MOIST crumbs, not totally clean.
10. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
11. For vegetarians, don't use marshmallows.
12. For double recipe, bake in 9x13-inch pan and add 5 minutes to baking time.
Milkmaid's Recipe Box
FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)
You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.
You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...