Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Laura's Beef Stew

Laura (Limburg) R. brought a large quantity of this stew to us soon after Wayne had his heart attack and discharged from the hospital  I LIKED it, and asked her for the recipe.  Here it is-- use the quantities that fit for your family:

1-2# stew meat, cut into chunks (I like to brown the chunks, first)
Carrots, cut into 1 " pieces
Potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
Onions, sliced pole to pole
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix the following very well and pour this over the above layers as directed below:

1 can cream of celery soup
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix

~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura said she puts layers of this in a heavy pot-- meat, vegetables, meat, vegetables-- while pouring small amounts of the 'blended together soups' in the bottom and between each layer (with extra poured over the top).  She then puts it in a 225-degree oven for all day.  This also works in a crock pot for all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment